So you are going to Japan and you want to know how to maximise your time?
Watch our Youtube Vlog below to show how we spent a full day (24 hours) in Kyoto and managed to fit in a number of Kyoto sights and food experiences.
HOW WE SPEND OUR DAY IN KYOTO - WATCH OUR YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR FULL DETAILS
Check into hotel near to Kyoto station, we stayed at Sakura Terrace - The Gallery. Prices per night start from ¥7,300 (£50 / $100 AUD / $65 USD)
Sights we see, food experiences, and how to get there!
· Arashiyama Bamboo Forest - take a walk down the bamboo path
· Yasaka Shrine - see the lanterns and Japanese buildings
· Gion District - take a wander around the gorgeous streets of Gion
· Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine - how to get there from Kyoto station
· Menbaka fire ramen - what we paid for the best ramen we have ever tasted!
· Dinner next to Kyoto station - what to expect to pay for dinner